Introducing the new Bluebook Online
Complete access to The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, the go-to guide for legal citation trusted by legal professionals since 1926. Redesigned on an accessible, mobile-optimized platform to support quick and easy searches, the new Bluebook Online is packed with new personalization features to fit your needs.
A familiar experience
Experienced Bluebookers will feel at home right away. Switch seamlessly between the print and online versions, with identical numbering and content for rules and tables, all enhanced for the ideal browser experience.
Browse with ease
Navigate the table of contents on the left or search as you type. Switch from Bluepages to Whitepages in one click.
Perfect for side by side
Compare rules on different pages on one screen. No need to open multiple tabs.
Pin, share and manage
Pin rules for quick and easy access, and share your pins and notes with others within your organization.
On the go? The Bluebook is now mobile-optimized for the quickest, most efficient way to answer your questions.
- Designed for smaller screens
- Single column layout
- Simple navigation that is “thumb friendly”
Find what you need, when you need it
Identifying the correct citation format is easier than ever through the new intelligent search bar.
- Tailored, instant search results.
- Search-as-you-type performance helps eliminate errors and maximize efficiency.
- Rule previews to help you find the exact rule you need.
- Advanced search allows for highly focused searches.
- Limit your search to the right audience by filtering search results to the Bluepages or the Whitepages.
- Pin rules for repeated reference.
- Save, organize, and share your pins easily.
- Use pins to build the citation reference experience most suited to your needs.
Sign up for a free trial
Try out the Bluebook Online today and simplify your citation process!
Purchase The Bluebook in print
The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation has been the go-to guide for generations of law students, lawyers, scholars, judges, and other legal professionals. In a diverse and rapidly changing legal profession, The Bluebook continues to provide a systematic method by which members of the profession communicate important information to one another about the sources and legal authorities upon which they rely in their work. Order the 21st Edition today!